Are you looking for budget-friendly kitchen countertop options that will not make your kitchen look cheap? Not to worry because there are a lot of options out there in the market. If you cannot afford those $100-$225 per square foot op-of-the-line granite countertops, then do not despair. There are countertops that you can use that will make your kitchen look good without breaking the bank.
Here are some of the budget-friendly options that you have and the cheapest price that you can get them.
- Marble ($40 – $100 per square foot). This can be just as gorgeous as a granite countertop but not as expensive. However, it does require a bit of maintenance. It is softer and more porous so it is more prone to etching and staining. So if there are spills, make sure you clean it immediately to preserve its original look.
- Quartz ($65 – $100 per square foot). Also known as an engineered stone, this countertop is made out of a mixture of quartz and binder. It is very durable and does not require as much maintenance as marble. It does offer a minimal look – but it can be beautiful if combined with the right color and kitchen equipment.
- Soapstone ($70 – $120 per square foot). This is one of the most durable among your kitchen countertop options. It is actually used in science labs because it is that strong. This is also easy to maintain – but not at the same level as granite. But it can be a great option for those who want a cheaper alternative.
- Butcher block ($40 – $60 per square foot). A lot of experts are saying that this is the next big thing in kitchen countertops. It is so much cheaper than granite and gives off a warm feel to any kitchen – especially when you pair it with light colored cabinets. The problem with it – like with any wood, is that it easily stains. Make sure you put a barrier between the countertop and a hot pot and the likes. Regular oiling will help make it more stain resistant.
- Stainless steel ($75 to $140 per square foot). This is probably one of the easiest to clean when it comes to your kitchen countertop options. If your home is going for a modern feel, this is a great option that will not cost you too much – at least, if you choose the right one to buy. There are pricey options but it can go as low as $75 per square foot.
- Concrete ($70 – $100 per square foot). There is a raw beauty in concrete countertops. This is a different kind of concrete and it can be beautifully made to complement the design of your kitchen.
- Tile ($20 – $75 per square foot). This is one of the cheapest countertop options that you will find in the market. If you choose the right design, it can add beauty to your kitchen. The best thing about this option is the variety of design choices.
Your budget should not keep you from choosing among the best countertop options for your kitchen. Start by thinking about what you want out of your kitchen. This should help you decide how you want your countertops to look like.